Thursday, April 2, 2009

Half Birthday Trick

So what have you been up to this week? Well, that is good to hear. I myself have been called in to sub every day for the past 4 weeks so I am going to post a whole lotta stuff today which was intended for the whole week up to this point.
For example:

April 1st Topher celebrated his "half-birthday" with his classmates. I suggested making the April Fools Berry Soda for his class and hilarious giggle that escaped from that boy let me know that he agreed it was a great idea. To start he set out 21 cups and put straws in each one,

he then cut up strawberries in to bite size chunks,

and once the Jell-O firmed for a few hours we added the strawberries and filled each cup. I might mention that I underestimated how much each cup could hold and found myself mixing up two more boxes of Strawberry goodness, cutting up one more carton of strawberries and then setting my alarm to get up at 1AM to mix in the berries so that there would be enough for the whole class. YAWN!

After loading 21 Jell-O filled cups in to a crate I realised perhaps I should have opted for the sugar-free Jell-O which oddly is much lighter. In an effort to keep kids from peeking and ruining the surprise I covered the crate with foil, but as a general rule covering something only makes 6 years old more curious and the naughty ones have NO problem peeking anyway.

I did not get to see his class enjoy the tasty/tricky snack because I was subbing on the other side of the school but his teacher said it was a hit. She did mention that the kids did not get it at first and thought Topher had done something wrong because they could not suck up the berry goodness... although apparently one girl did actually manage to such the whole thing through the straw - strawberry chunks and all. Crazy!

There was one treat left so I did manage to snap a picture of Lilly enjoying it, also trying to such the whole thing through a straw. Too Funny!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great party drink.........LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you tried this with your son's class. Too funny! What a good mommy to get up at 1:00 AM!

    ReplyDelete