Monday, April 6, 2009

Steakhouse Onion Rings

CrackersandChaos

How To Make Steakhouse Onion Rings

What You'll Need
2 large red onions, cut into 1-inch rings
Shallow bowl of 2 cups milk whisked with 1 large egg
Shallow bowl of 1 cup flour mixed with 1 cup cornstarch and 1 teaspoon salt
Deep fryer or heavy-bottomed pot filled with 4 inches of vegetable oil heated to 365 degrees

1. Soak the onion rings in the milk mixture for 30 minutes
2. Toss each ring in flour mixture; repeat, dipping rings in milk and flour again
3. Fry in the hot oil until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels; season with salt.


This recipe comes out of the Feb/Mar Food Network Magazine. I made these last week with our Veggie Burgers. The burgers were not my favorite but these onion rings turned out great. Want more recipes? Head on over to Crackers and Chaos to see what is cooking!

2 comments:

  1. Yum Yum Yum I will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds really easy! I've never thought of making my own onion rings but now I think I'm going to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete