Monday, March 30, 2009

More April Fools Fun

April Fool's Day has come and gone most years in our house, smooshed between St. Patty's and Easter. The boys fancy themselves a pretty fun duo and like to "trick" their unsuspecting mama but so far I have managed to stay one step ahead of them {though I will often play along and let them think they "got" me}. Now that the boys are getting older and can appreciate a good joke {most of the time anyway} I think it might be fun to pull a few tricks on them. I was so pleased to see this new idea from Taste of Home for April Fools Berry Soda arrive in my inbox this week. Check out my other April Fool's food prank here.




April Fools Berry Soda


Here's a prank that will get your family to pucker up! These berry "beverages" look inviting to sip, but they're actually gelatin that's tricky to suck through a straw, so keep some spoons handy.


Serves 6


Ingredients
2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin

3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries

3/4 cup fresh raspberries

3/4 cup fresh blueberries



Directions
Prepare gelatin according to package directions. Refrigerate until partially set, about 2 hours. Stir in berries. Pour into six tall drink or soda glasses. Insert a straw into each glass. Refrigerate until set.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a great idea/joke!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This idea looks so fun, I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun one!! Makes me want to join in on the pranking, I normally don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this one, too! I might just do it for our dinner Wednesday night.

    In regards to your question about the sun catchers. I just put the egg shape I had cut out on contact paper and then my daughter put the tissue paper on the contact paper to stick. Then I put another egg shape to finish it off and covered it with another piece of contact paper. It's super easy, but she enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete