Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saturday Salads

This salad is the only one I actually make from memory and thus have no specific measurements. It has a little sweetness to it that I love. It is my absolute favorite because my Mom made it all of the time when I was a kid, so it takes me back to the time when I didn't have bills, cars and kids to worry about. :) Enjoy!

Mom's Pasta Salad

1 box sea shell noodles
1 small container Cool Whip
Mayo
2 cans of tuna or chicken
1 package of sweet or baby peas
Garlic salt
Shredded Cheese

Boil noodles, drain and rinse with cold water. I often will spin my noodles in my salad spinner so the dressing will coat the noodles better. Add a couple big scoops of cool whip and mayo and two big shakes of garlic salt. Mix and taste, add more mayo and/or cool whip as needed. Add peas and tuna, mix and taste. When everything tastes well mixed add the cheese and refrigerate. This is one of those salads that tastes even better the next day.

Visit A List Maker's Life for more summer salads!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...Cool Whip. That's so odd that I really want to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...anything with Cool Whip is just plain better. I'm impressed! I have never seen this ingredient in pasta salad before.

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete