Thursday, June 11, 2009

Saturday Salads

Update: my salad has been picked for the Iron Chef:Blogstyle competion over at Sacred and Profane, thanks Heidi! To be fair, try all three salads and then vote for mine, er, I mean your favorite!


Happy Saturday! Here in Michigan the weather is still pretty chilly but it is promising to get pretty warm in the days ahead, which means cooking on the grill! This salad recipe is my go-to for an easy and quick fix for any occasion. Normally I don't like pasta salads with an oil based dressing but this is one tasty exception. I orginally posted this for Saturday Salads and now am going to enter it in the Iron Chef:Blogstyle at Sacred and Profane this month. The theme is BBQ/Picnic Salads.



(photo courtesy of Taste of Home.com)


Pepperoni Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
1 cup coarsely chopped cucumber
1 small tomato, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
28 pepperoni slices
1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing


Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cheese, cucumber, tomato, onions and pepperoni. Add salad dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.



Saturday Salads is hosted by A List Maker's Life, head over to see what others are tossing today!

4 comments:

  1. Shelby,
    I think I've eating this salad made by you before. It is a favorite!! Thanks for sharing it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yum!!!

    Are you entering Iron Chef this month?? You should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be looking forward to trying this! (Mine will include turkey pepperoni though.)

    Hope you guys are enjoying your summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yum!! I love the addition of pepperoni slices. I have a pasta salad similar to this that uses Italian dressing, but yours has lots more yummy goodness in it!

    Congrats on being picked. I'll definitely have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete