Saturday, March 28, 2009

April Fool's!

CrackersandChaos

Do you ever tear out a page from a magazine with great intentions of doing the activity and/or recipe listed? I am guilty of this more than I will admit {it's bad, don't ask} and I know I really should implement this great organizing tip from Katie at A Listmaker's Life to keep these fun ideas in order. For example, last year I tore a page out of Parents Magazine with this fun idea {see below} for April Fool's Day. While searching for a dinner recipe a few weeks back I stumbled upon it again.
I will not be serving this clever little idea in the morning as breakfast, as I am certain the boys teachers would NOT appreciate a pure sugar start to their day... but I think it would be fun as a "breakfast for dinner" idea.
Do you have any April Fool's tricks up your sleeve? Leave a comment with any fun ideas or traditions you have for April Fool's Day, I would love to read about them.

More April Fool's Fun! Topher has decided that he will take a treat to school for his "half-birthday" {little fella has a July birthday, we do a "half-birthday" at school so he can share a treat and wear the birthday crown} on April 1st... so I need to get the creative juices flowing so that we can do something fun in honor of the day. 2 years ago we made cupcakes that looked like little hamburgers - now that was fun!




April Fool's Breakfast

What You'll Need:

1 (12-oz) all-butter loaf or pound cake

Marshmallows

Vanilla frosting, tinted yellow


1. Slice a piece of cake for each person, and toast it until it's light brown. Cut "toast" in half diagonally.

2. Stack two marshmallows one on top of the other on a plate; microwave on high for 5 seconds. Using the back of a spoon, spread marshmallows into a circle so they look like egg whites. Let cool.

3. Grease an extra-small ice-cream scoop. Use it to put a mound of yellow frosting in center of marshmallows. Arrange toast on the plate with the egg- and the prank is ready to be served.



For more tasty recipe's stop by Crackers and Chaos . Yummy stuff!

4 comments:

  1. My husband was asking me just yesterday, "what should we do for April Fool's Day?" And, I was like...that's a holiday you want to make plans for? ;)

    I might try to come up with some funny prank to play on my husband, but other than that my kids are still a little too young to get the idea of a joke...but I LOVE this fun "breakfast" idea.

    When we were expecting my daughter, I was due in April, and on April Fool's Day, I called my mom to tell her I was in labor. It was so funny...not for her. I just remembered that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had that idea cut out for a couple years to try with the kids. I think the eggs are really cute. Have you also seen the meatloaf cupcakes with tinted mashed potato frosting? Could be a fun addition to your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so bad at April Fool's tricks. I'm just completely uncreative but I do love pranks! Good luck coming up with something!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! My husband always sleeps in so I would have plenty of time to make it! {haha} I also love your hamburger cupcakes above, so neat!

    Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete