Thursday, July 30, 2009

19 of 52

Forever In Blue Jeans

Why on earth, you may wonder, didn't I take the red eye out of this photo? Look a little closer and you will see white "spots" in my hair - nope, not gray hairs... although those are lurking in there... it is droplets of milk. I would have loved to reduce the red eye but you can not take the pure mixture of disbelief and unadulterated anger out of a persons eye, no matter how hard the editing program tries.

The disbelief comes from the knowledge that I knowingly brought three children in to the world and yet at this very moment would do just about anything to send them out of my house. This is the longest summer on record between the end of last school year and the beginning of next school year added with the super cool temps shaken by the lack of a vehicle grinds up this less-than-patient mama.

On this day we spent over 3 {excruciating} hours in the car returning from a less-than-awesome 3 day visit to my MIL's house of oddities. It was capped off by getting home and immediately needing to make dinner, which was finished off with Lillian falling out of her chair while holding a full cup of milk. Said milk then became a projectile which skillfully landed on my head and all places gravity was so kind to administer it. Uh, huh - so a crummy day ended with me lookin' like this:

Take note of the middle child's face, he knows when someone else is about to get it and he is SURE glad it isn't him. { I totally remember that feeling when I was a kid, my Mom was insane and it was good to be on the winning side of it!} Notice, also, if you would the puddles of milk and the sneaky cat who is taking full advantage of the situation {but careful to stay out of range of my foot}.

Seeing how steamy mad I was about this you might be curious how I was able to snap a picture. Even in my insanity I know a good photo op when I see {experience} one. Patrick grabbed a bunch of paper towels and then the camera and captured this precious moment.

The child responsible...???

I think I've seen those red gleaming eyes somewhere before, like looking in a mirror really. Brilliant!

Visit Carin at Forever in Blue Jeans for other Mom's who, I am certain, are having a better day.


******************52 Weeks********************
52 Weeks is a year long challenge for YOU to be in a picture once a week for 52 weeks. We are always the ones behind the camera, this is YOUR chance to get out in front and be in the pictures with our family. We are glad you are joining this challenge. More importantly your family will really enjoy having you in the picture. Thanks for playing along! Oh, you can just jump in now with 1 of 52, you're not getting off that easy! Now go take a picture!
**************************************

4 comments:

  1. I'm participating in the 52 wk challenge too.

    Love, Love ALL your pictures! Your post was hilarious - not to you I'm sure.. but if it's any consolation, you're not alone. (I have 4 kids who lately have been driving me crazy.)

    P.S. How did the marker wash off? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my jaw dropped when I scrolled down to your daughter... Someday hopefully you'll look back and laugh =). Personally, it is somewhat comforting to know that other mothers struggle too. I have had a hard time with the kids lately and our hectic traveling. Too much sitting next to each other and too much energy. Anyway, thanks for sharing this story and the pictures to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Hope there are better days to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So-o-o funny. Well, now, anyway. Love your hilarious commentary. We've all been there, just not all sane enough to take photos and blog about it at the time. :)

    ReplyDelete