Now talk about fun, Heidi at Sacred and Profane has proclaimed this months Iron Chef Challenge to be: Kid Chefs! As Heidi said "I'm looking for kid's that cook a meal - easy or hard, as long as THEY do it. There's no pride in doing your kids science project for them, is there? No. Shame, shame, shame."
I asked my darling trio if they were interested and then ducked as they mobbed the computer to search for kid friendly recipes. To make it fair I am going to post three seperate times when each child makes their selected recipe.
Today our chef is - Lillian!
Mini Pizza Cups
• 1 tube (11.3 ounces) refrigerated dinner rolls
• 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
• 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
• 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
• 2 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, chopped
• 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Separate dough into eight rolls; cut each into quarters. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray
Spoon pizza sauce into each cup
Sprinkle with onion, green pepper, pepperoni
Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until crusts are browned and cheese is melted
Yield: 32 appetizers