Thursday, February 12, 2009

When life gives you lemons...

my recipe for lemonade:

10 year job anniversary of a hard working husband
9 years of marriage
8 siblings and siblings-in-law to complete our family
7 months 'til my b-day, another year of lessons learned
6 scrapbooks full of unforgettable memories
5 parents, step-parents & parent-in-law to support me
4 long-distance friends who keep me grounded
3 healthy children to inspire me
2 new friends to welcome me to an unfamiliar town
1 God who loves me the way I am because of who He is

"Many people think that if they were only in some other place, or had some other job, they would be happy. Well, that is doubtful. So get as much happiness out of what you are doing as you can and don't put off being happy until some future date." - Dale Carnagie

3 comments:

  1. Shelby~
    I LOVE this post! Thanks for sharing it! I think you should make this into it's own mini scrapbook album:)
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - When life gives you a good friend, make their favorite soup and warm your soul!
    A stretch I know...but I'm making your Soup-er Potato soup right now and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I wish more gals felt this way.

    ReplyDelete